Okay, so the past couple days I didn't post any new blogs, because we were busy doing this and that.
Brian worked a 24 hrs shift from Thursday morning till Friday morning, so he slept most of the day on Friday. Lucas and I didn't do much, other than the normal housework and visiting grandma and grandpa after a trip to the drug store.
Saturday was the big night for Brian and myself. For those of you who didn't know, I told Brian that I would invite him to a restaurant and then we could do whatever he wanted to, for his birthday. The clue was, that we would be child free, as my parents watched Lucas over night. It was a pretty tough decision for me, because I have never been seperated from Lucas more than a couple of hours, needless to say a whole night.
So we dropped little man off in the late afternoon and Brian and I went to the PX right away. We decided that we were going to buy a couple DVDs and watch those after the restaurant, since there wasn't any nice movie on that we wanted to watch in the theater and we weren't really in the mood for a bar or anything like that. So after the PX we went downtown Heidelberg to one of our favorite Italian restaurants. We had a nice and big dinner and some ice cream afterwards. Then we went back home. Of course I couldn't resist calling my mom, to see how Lucas was doing. I called exactly the right time.... sleeping time... and he was balling his eyes out. I already felt bad and was on the verge to get him. But then I thought no.... he should learn to stay at their house and also it was supposed to be a nice ngiht for us. So we started watching the movies, drank a little and talked. After the movies I had a down time again,.... after walking by his empty room I just realised how much I missed him.
I really wanted to sleep in this morning, but just wasn't able to. First time I woke up by 6 am, felt back asleep and woke up again a couple minutes to eight. That's when I called again and got up. I cleaned and relaxed a little and went to get Lucas around noon. So now we are back and it's so nice to have our little monster back in the house. I know sometimes I wished I could have an hour or so like it was without kids, just for the feeling and to relax. But now that I know how hard it is, not to have him here, I prefer having him around us. It's like a big part of us is missing.
Zahnspange
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment