Friday, August 15, 2008

Milestones

I was reading that book "What to expect the first year" the other evening for the twelve month and I thought it was pretty interesting, reading about the things 'what your baby might be doing' etc. I thought that Lucas was going just right with his age or maybe even a little slower, but there are actually quite a few things he's doing, that he doesn't even need to be doing his age.


So I thought it would be interesting to put down what he can do out of these things. I'll also leave the headlines in that are in the book.


He's now almost exatctly 11 months old (next week) and these are the things he's doing ->


By twelve months your baby should be able to:

  • walk holding on to furniture (cruise)

  • use a few gestures to get needs met

...will probably be able to:

  • play patty cake (wave hands) or wave bye bye

  • pick up tiny object neatly with tips of thumb and forefinger

  • stand alone momentarily

  • say dada and mama diesciminately

...may possibly be able to:

  • play ball

  • use immature jargoning

...may even be able to:

  • respond to a one-step command without gestures


What he can't do right now, which was also mentioned in the may possibly etc. part is

  • say one word other than mama or dada

  • stand alone well

  • walk well

  • say three words


So I guess that's pretty good. I'm also thinking about to get the book "What to expect the Toddler Years" I think that's what it's called. Because I really liked that book so far.



Lucas with his newest favorite thing to do.... walking around with the clotherack....



Hey I want outside..... too bad it's raining..



Not a good picture of mommy and Lucas, but you can see a little of my short hair here



No comments: