Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The first day without Daddy in the house

Yesterday morning was the not so looked forward day of this year. We had to drive Brian to Mannheim and say our good byes. It went just the way I thought it would. I hate good byes, so I told him that we won't stay until their bus leaves. After he unpacked his stuff, we said good bye and drove home. Of course it was really hard and didn't go without any tears. It was especially hard for Lucas to understand why daddy wasn't driving back with us. I don't think he really understood that daddy will be gone for a longer time this time though.

In the morning I still felt a little mixed, but then it went to be okay when I tried to distract ourselves by visiting Lucas' girlfriend and my friend Beata. We stayed there all afternoon. The evening was really weird, not having Brian at home. I don't know if it was the full moon or the fact that he was gone. But Lucas and myself took a long time to fall asleep and the whole night was a little rough, as I woke up a couple times.
Brian send me a message from somebody elses phone though, to tell me that he made it in one piece around 10 pm that night.

Today he called me around lunch time and it really made my day. He only slept a couple hours, because the didn't get to the tent before the morning hours. But he'd doing good otherwise and he's sweating a lot down there, from what he said.

After Lucas' nap I went to my parent's house real quick and to the bank. We looked for some new shoes for Lucas, since his feet are growing so fast. And then I was back around 5 pm, because my friend Carolin's Mom was coming over to pick up a package. She brought me a nice bouquet of flowers, which was very nice of her. And we had a tiny little chat, as I was cooking at the same time. I felt a little bad for not inviting her in altogether. Maybe next time ;-)

Brian called again right before Lucas' bath! I was so happy. I can't believe that he already contacted me three times so far. I really appreciate this, since I know there will be times when we probably don't hear a lot of him.

Baby if you read this, just know that we miss you VERY MUCH!!! We're always thinking about you, day and night. This year will go real fast and then we can be together (hopefully) for good now. I tell Lucas every night, that we both love him.

1 comment:

Carolin said...

Awww I'm sure he knows that Daddy loves him a lot. And I'm happy that my Mom's flowers lightend you up too.

So good that he could call you right away so you know he arrived there okay.

hang in there!