Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dang these infections...

It hit us again. Lucas started running a temperature on Sunday. He was sick like a dog and even took a nap. The next day he seemed to do a little better, but woulnd't eat anything. He was whining a lot and his eyes practically shut close at dinnertable around 6 pm. We didn't really know what he was developing, since he didn't have a runny nose or anything like that. At first I thought it might be an ear infection, but it wasn't. The next morning I thought I knew the problem. He actually wanted to eat something. A kiwi. As soon as he ate the last spoon it all came back out. He seemed to be better throughout the day though. He was in bed at 6.30 pm again, which hasn't happened ever since we moved out of our old apartment in Germany. But the day after he was eating more again. Just the whining was still there.
This morning we woke up and I had a real sore and slimy throat. Lucas is having the same thing, so no wonder he is whining. We both feel like crap with shivers and such. Just hoping this damn infection will be over soon again.
And no you are not imaginating. We have been sick at least once a month ever since we moved to Fort Drum. Whereas Lucas usually had a little cold or such every four months, here it is every month. From what I hear it is normal in this area. At least all the Army people that aren't local. I guess the only cure for us would be a plane ticket back to Germany. Man!!! I can't wait for summer to come and hopefully this will help getting better and not catching every stupid infection that is out there.

1 comment:

Gabrielle @ From-the-frontline.com said...

My husband and I have been at Drum for the past two years and I can say from experience it's very common to be sick here often. We all usually will get sick every few months or so. I think it has to do with the way the weather changes so fast up here, one day it's in the 70s and the next it's back down to 30s or 40s. I hope you all start feeling better soon.