Sunday, August 16, 2009

I should've known better

Brian called me this morning and told me, that he received an Email from Branch regarding our assignment to Fort Knox. I thought I just copy it in here, so you can read it for yourselves.

After a search of your assignment in Ft Knox, KY; I decided to pull youoff. The reason for this is that the unit deploys constantly. Since you havea couple of deployments, I would recommend another area. I was working on FtCarson, sadly I was shut down three times.Right now I have Ft Bliss, TX; Ft Sill, OK; Ft Drum, NY; Ft Campbell, KY;and Ft Benning, GA. However, if you are still interested in Ft Knox, KY, Ican make that happen.

I never thought that they would have a heart and actually care where they send us. I'm very relieved that this happened now, as we weren't 100 per cent happy with Fort Knox to begin with. I guess we got a second chance now.

Brian and I talked it over and came to a new solution. At first we took Texas and Georgia off our list and then decided between Oklahoma, Ft Campbell and New York. After some evaluation we decided, that we will go for Fort Drum New York. Now, let's just hope that this time it will really happen, cause it would make us very happy. Of course Colorado is still our number one on the list, but now we're also kind of looking forward to move to New York.

6 comments:

Diana said...

Meine Daumen sind gedrueckt!

Anonymous said...

ach warum wollt ihr denn nicht nach Fort Bliss.
Haha Just Kidding.
Ich drueck euch die Daumen
LG
Meli

Carolin said...

Mensch als ich angefangen hab zu lesen und da stand Ft. Carson hat mein herz gleich hoeher geschlagen...

Dann drueck ich euch die Daumen fuer New York und hoffe noch weiter auf Colorado!!!

Anonymous said...

OH, wow Saskia dann zieh Dich mal warm an :). Wenn Du was ueber Ft. Drum wissen moechtest sag Bescheid. Wir waren 3 Jahre dort.

Daniela said...

Na das find ich aber echt gut von denen das die sich da Gedanken machen das die da viele Deployments haben. Immerhin kommt er doch erst zurueck, da verdient er wirklich mal ne Pause. Ich drueck die Daumen das es das wird was ihr euch beide wuenscht und das er dann die naechste Zeit nicht mehr deployed wird. Wenn es Ft. Campbell wird komm ich dich besuchen und du musst und besuchen kommen.
LG Daniela

Kerstin said...

und warum nicht Ft.Campbell??????? *heul* Wobei es eigentl. ne gute Wahl ist, hier deployen sie auch zu oft. Wir hoffen die naechsten 6 Monate zu pcsen... Meine Daumen sind auch gedrueckt!!!!